Tennis coaching forms the core service that goes into the making a tennis champion. It refers to primarily to 'Training on the Tennis Court'. It includes:
- Technical instruction that is given to the player to develop their strokes
- Tactical use of the strokes in the match situation
Coaching at Samasam Tennis gives the student opportunity to practice by hitting lots of balls. This is achieved through:
- Feeding (by the coach)
- Rallying (with the coach or the peers)
- Doing live drills (with the coach or the peers)
- Playing points or practice matches (with the peers or the coach)
Samasam Tennis provides the following coaching options:
This coaching is for a group of 3-5 students of an equivalent skill level. An ideal session lasts between 1.5 to 3 hours.
These sessions are ideal for aspiring players looking to make a mark in the National & International level.
A good tempo is maintained throughout the session with a lot of focus on rallying, doing drills (which hone various tactical and physical skills) and playing points.
The peers act as a good source of motivation, competition, variety of game styles & fun.
This form of coaching involves one-coach- one student. This form of coaching is a wonderful way to
- Develop a player's technique
- Get the student to hit a lot of balls, in the form of feeding balls or rallying or doing live drills
The student benefits greatly on account of the individual attention received from the coach.
The coach travels along with the student to the tournament site.
The advantage is that the coach can
- Guide & monitor the student
- Arrange the practice for the student
- Prepare the student mentally for the matches
- Observe firsthand, the student's performance in matches
- Be a constant source of motivation & encouragement for the player
- Take care of the child in case the parent is not travelling with the child.
Struggling with one particular stroke?
We are "Happy to help!"
We offer specialised coaching packages pertaining to a particular stroke or strategy.
For instance, you may be struggling with your serve or your backhand for a long time now. And no matter how hard you try, it is not improving.
We suggest you will bring that stroke to us and we will help you fix it and even make it your strength.
This will be an individual session with one coach- one student. But the entire focus will be one stroke.
The methodology we follow is as follows:
- We do a thorough diagnosis of the stroke using Video analysis
- We share the findings with the student, parent & coach
- We decide on the number and frequency of sessions required for rectification of the stroke
- And then, we Get, Set, Go towards improvement
- We also hold follow-up sessions to assess the improvement and make refinements to the stroke
Give us a try and you will be amazed at the improvement you see in your (or your child's/student's) game.
We are open to working with other coaches on this style of coaching.
We believe, it is always good to get a second opinion on a student's game.